The agenda for the Thirtieth Annual CBOE Risk Management Conference (RMC) now is available at http://www.cboermc.com/agenda/
RMC is the premiere financial industry conference designed for institutional users of listed options and volatility products.
The 30th Annual CBOE RMC will be held March 17 – 19 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, Florida. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible, as rooms tend to sell out quickly.
Here is a partial list of some of the many expert speakers who will be featured at RMC —
- Brad Berggren, Managing Director, Parametric Risk Advisors
- Dennis Davitt, Managing Principal, Chief Investment Officer, Harvest Volatility Advisors
- Tarik H. Dalton, Investment Manager, Department of State Treasurer of North Carolina
- Maneesh Deshpande, Managing Director, Barclays
- Kevin Duggan, Vice President of Equity Products, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Alan Grissom, Global Head of Insurance, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Puneet Kohli, Portfolio Manager, Derivatives & Fixed Income, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- Eric Metz, Portfolio Manager, RiverNorth Capital
- Neil Rue, Managing Director, Pension Consulting Alliance
- Ted Samulowitz, Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Invesco Powershares
- Karl A. Schneider, CAIA, VP, State Street Global Advisors
- Barry S. Seeman, Global Head of Derivatives Structuring, AEGON
- Pav Sethi, Chief Investment Officer, CEO, Gladius Investment Group
- Carl R. Tannenbaum, Senior Vice President/Chief Economist, Northern Trust
- Edward Tilly, Chief Executive Officer, CBOE Holdings, Inc.
- Marvin Zonis, Professor Emeritus, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
RMC’s agenda covers a variety of concepts, challenging attendees to think differently about how they manage trade positions, employ hedging techniques, utilize equity derivatives, and model and trade volatility. Topics — ranging from basic derivatives applications to advanced trading concepts — are current and relevant. Strategy discussion is overlaid with examples of actual trades and real-market applications.
Sessions are led by practitioners who are leaders in their respective disciplines. Presenters are selected not only for their expertise, but for their ability to communicate complex material in a straightforward, understandable manner.
More details the Risk Management Conference, (including session topics, more speakers, and travel information) are at the RMC website at www.cboermc.com
Below are volume charts that provide evidence of growing interest in risk management strategies; the rise in volume from 2012 to 2013 was 19% for for S&P 500 (SPX) options, 29% for options on the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), and 67% for VIX futures.