Besides commodities, volatility is another example of the application of futures-based indices. Spot volatility, as measured by the VIX, is not tradeable as the index represents the weighted average of implied volatilities of various options on the S&P 500. Prior to the introduction of VIX futures on the Chicago Board Options Exchange in 2004, equity [...]
- Russell Rhoads on Record VIX Futures Volume
- Wednesday’s Best Of The Web | Options trading IQ on Technical Outlook: VIX Showing Complacency. Really?
- Mark on Record VIX Futures Volume
- Latest S&P 500 News | Wall Street Stocks on VIX Up 12.6%, as 20 Vol Indexes Rose Today
- Black Swan tail risk | Wall Street Stocks on Tail Risk Protection to be Discussed at 3-Day Conference in Ireland
Berlinda Liu BXM CBOE equity volatility ETFs ETF Volatility Index ETNs ETPs Futures and Options GVZ Implied Volatility Matt Moran Options OVX S&P 500 S&P Dow Jones Indices S&P Indices SPX VIX VIX Futures Volatile Volatility VVIX VXAPL VXAZN VXEWZ